Monday, November 27, 2006,6:01 PM
Australia....
Dear Jason,

I trust this finds you doing well.


I have not heard back from our Superintendents. However I have been wondering about the possibility of your coming to help me with my small local church. Because the Australian church has limited resources I pastor a local church as well as holding the office of National Superintendent. The national role seems to have increased and next year will have many additional things that I will be required to give attention to. In the mean time we have lost some key leaders from this small church … some have moved from the area and others have been promoted to glory.


It would be an great encouragement to have someone come and help us here.


I have to be honest with you. There may be many things about this church that may not seem very attractive to a young person. We do not have our own building. Average attendance is about 45. There are not very many young people or children. We don’t have much in the way of music.


However …. There is a great tone amongst the people and I am confident you would be loved. Caboolture is just north of Brisbane, the capital of Queensland. There are new houses being built everywhere. There are young people who need to be reached with the Gospel.


Apart from that this is an enjoyable place to live. It is 45 minutes by train to the centre of the city and about 45 minutes north to great beaches with surf!!



Well Jason this is perhaps enough for now. I will be interested to hear if this is of interest to you.



In the bonds of grace,



Stan.



I don't really now how to feel about all of this right now, I've had all day to sit on this and think about it. I'm excited but scared, nervous and a mix of other feelings. It was a dream of mine to one day go to Australia, but to go and preach and do what I really want to be doing. This is crazy. I wanted to do something exciting and adventurous after college and this pretty much takes the cake.

Prayer would be most appreciated right now as I think all of this over and see what God wants me to do.
 
posted by Jason
Permalink ¤