Tuesday, October 24, 2006,12:43 AM
my heartstrings come undone...
I got off work like 45 minutes ago, I slept a total of probably 4 hours last night but I'm not ready to sleep, go figure. I was going to write tomorrow night but decided not to. anyway a brief update.

My senior chapel went very well. I was prepared in advance, I worked on preaching with out an outline or manuscript (to eliminate my dependence on it) and it worked. I knew I knew the material and scripture so I just talked from my heart. I walked back stage after I'd finished and did a little celebrative fist pump and sat down. I was excited/sad/thrilled it was all over. Afterwards, the usual you've done a good job followed but several stuck out. Cody and Hank told me I did a great job and pointed out a couple of things which was very helpful (I misspoke a word and put my hands in my pocket at one point) Other than that they enjoyed it and said I really communicated my point well. Dr. Wood winked at me and then got up and hugged me, Dr Fipps found me leaving the cafe and shook my hand telling me I had done well. Hank later told me Dr. Fipps used my sermon and what I had talked to him about the previous day about (being crazy nervous and preparing and practicing) as illustration for a point he was making and told the class I had done a great job, massively flattering to say the least. A number of freshmen actually came up and said they were terribly disappointed that they had to go to freshmen chapel.

Overall, I am happy about it, I felt comfortable probably the most comfortable I've ever been in the pulpit, I actually wasn't scared. The praise was nice, I'm finding it hard to accept it, its great and all but I know I don't deserve it and its not mine so i'm kinda like....what do I do with this.

I'm finding I'm sad thats all this is about to come to an end. I've got several freshman and sophomores that I think kind of look up to me and respect me. Many have asked If i'm going to be around in the spring. I've decided pretty much I'm going to stay here through next spring and then decide what is next.

I've considered several things but right now I really want to travel overseas, so i'm going to see what develops there.

I'm meeting alot of new and cool people from all over the place which is really cool. I like new friends.

anyway I'm wiped and I volunteered to help and work in the morning at 9....I need sleep.

a parting note check out Demon Hunter's accoustic set of My Heartstrings Come Undone on their myspace page and an Undying crazy techno remix on their purevolume.


Tearing through these days I find the tolerance to strive and push on
I know what lies beyond this life for me is already won
No one can take away the blood that covers over my fall
Without the blood of perfect life I know I’m nothing at all
So now I reign forever hallowed in eternity’s hand
No man can shake me from the everlasting ground that I stand


When this season ends…


One final heart-break
And blinding lights will guide our way
Free us our blind state
They will call us by our name
Undying

We are the ones who will still remain when all is laid to waste
We are the ones who, when angels cry, will see them face to face
We are the ones
 
posted by Jason
Permalink ¤