Monday, September 04, 2006,8:19 PM
blessings
well its been a long while since i've updated.

Schools back in session and things are going really well. God has blessed my socks off by working out all of my conflicts and money issues.

since last sunday life has been going really really well. Went hiking with Brady, Andrew and Abram. Hiked 2 miles up on Lake Keeowee to cliffs for some cliff jumping. The cliff was 25+ feet because the lake was down. It was aweseome and we got some good video and pictures of us jumping. To top that off Abram convinced his dad and brother Austin to come pick us up in their boat. It was great we didn't have to hike back out because it was brutal. Dr Rampy and Austin came and we got to do some tubing and i attempted wake boarding.....i will get it eventually. Brady got a bloody nose when Abram threw me and him off. And needless to say Abram had a vindetta against Austin for something he'd done so he found it amusing to try to kill us. He slung us around so hard on that tube, we hung on but when he finally managed to throw us off. We flew off so hard Austin lost his shorts and i skipped across the water like a stone....and then lost mine. it was great fun. we finished the day with the sun setting over the water as we sped across the lake it was amazing.

this week has been really boosting in so many ways. Talked to Dr. Black about spiritual issues and my walk with Christ and some things I've started to feel on my heart (what I want to do after school). Talked to Dr. Fipps too, we spent probably 2 hours talking about school, church and the things that have been on my heart. I recieved possibly the greatest compliment i've recieved in my time here at SWU from Dr. Fipps. He looked at me from across his desk and said "Jason, you have arrived as a senior Christian Ministry major, and i'm thrilled to see this happening in your life, it reminds me of another student I taught" He was refering to Josh Leroy someone I really respect and look up to as a person and minister. So all in all this past week was great.

Something really kind dorky but none the less cool. The school has started a trivia night on wednesday nights with a cash prize of 50 bucks. Needless to say my group (me, Ryan Williams, Ben Garrison and Austin Smith) won the first one !!!! heck yeah we dogged it and to top that I called it when we were sitting in the apartment. I think my exact words were "they don't stand a chance". Anyway Thursday nights is trivia night at Rockhoppers in Clemson. Feeling confident I was convinced we could win at Rockhoppers too. Me, Brady and a few other people went and guess what !!! LOL We won that junk too against an entire restaurant of people. Two nights in a row with a grand total of 100 bucks. Thats what I call good work for a few hours of my time. Anyway it was really cool and I had alot of fun.

Oh and to top it all off I got up on Saturday and was walking out the front door and Heath called me and said he had an extra ticket to the Clemson football game. Now i'm not a fan of football on TV or really in general but.....i'm not about to turn down free tickets to see a sporting event. So we went with several people from Central First and Alive. It was another really great day.

Things are going well.
 
posted by Jason
Permalink ¤