Sunday, April 02, 2006,12:54 AM
junior/senior
tonight was the junior/senior semi formal and I had a great time. I wanted to go, decided I didn't want to and then decided I wanted to again. When I finally decided I was going I asked my friend Alston if she would go with me. She was pretty excited when I asked so that was great! I had decided I wanted to go for this Lex Luthor/Smallville look with a black suit and no tie with a purple shirt. So Thursday we went to Easley to pick one out. Had a great time doing that, she liked the first shirt I picked out alot and so did I, so we went with that. Went to her house afterwards for her to try on a couple of dresses. She decided on a black one (she looked really really beautiful). Had some fun hanging out at her house, her niece was there and it was cool to see her interact with the kid.

So on to tonight, it was really really great! I don't really like to get overly excited about going out with a girl, I just don't want to put off a "i'm excited to be around you" vibe, but it was really cool cause she was really excited about it too. So we decided to leave about 5:30 and got to Greenville around 6. We parked around the corner from Coffee Underground and walked to the Hyatt (I wasn't sure where it was, but I knew it was on main street. A funny aside, as we were crossing the street to the Hyatt a couple guys in a *blinged* out car totally about broke thier necks trying to check her out and I started laughing about it and she asked me what was up, so I told her, she blushed and started laughing.

We got inside and picked a table and sat for a bit talking about stuff. My friends Russell and Hank sat with us making for some great conversations and laughs. The food was really good and I ate about half of a salad (a feat for me). The silly videos people made (Theme was Scene It) were really funny. My friend Josh made a Brokeback Mountain spoof needless to say that was not approved for viewing.

Now on to why I think I'm actually writing this post now instead of later. Alston is an incredible girl. I say that about alot of people and they are incredible too, but she is in her own Alston way. She was really excited about going which really put me at easy, I asked her because we are good friends and really hadn't seen each other/hung out in a while. Plus, I knew we would have a great time. I had seen her in her dress on thursday but when we met to leave school, I saw her for the first time all dressed up and I have to say she looked absolutely beautiful. I told her that a couple times tonight too, so she knows, and she doesn't read my blog so I think I'm safe saying it again lol. So anyway dinner was great we talked about alot of stuff, she's not coming back to SWU next year, which I found out the day I asked her to go with me tonight. That made a little sad I must say.

So I was really glad I asked her. Our personalities go well together so we have a great time most anytime we do anything. All night I treated her like a girl I was dating. I know that maybe a little strange considering we are just really good friends but, like I said she got all dressed up came and I think she's great so I treated her like that. It wasn't like I was trying to put on a show or do something I wouldn't normal do anyway. There was one point during the evening the lady filling out water glasses, Alston had been wanting water for a minute or so. So the lady came and was about to fill mine and I turned to her and said "please will you take care of her first (refering to Alston), she was polite and said yes. What the lady said after that got me though. As she was filling Alston's glass she said something to extend of "he's making sure your taken care of isn't he, what a gentleman." I kinda smiled to myself but just stayed quiet.

All night I kept looking at her, I wasn't checking her out, I was actually in awe of her. She has this freckle under her left eye and I call it "king freckle". Well we joked about that a couple times and she thinks its funny when we talk about it. But that too got me thinking about things. I like being around her, we are good friends, and I know that someday when I'm married to whoever my wife is what I'm about to write will apply.

As I was enjoying her company I was thinking. I was thinking this must be kinda what its like to be married. I was completely having a great time, and she was too. We walked around afterwards and I could tell she was getting tired. We went to get ice cream with some people but we sat outside cause it was hot inside. And we talked about things again. We talked her transfering, what she's dealing with and going through right now. And honestly I was perfectly content to sit there and just hang as long as she would have wanted to. I imagine that is what marriage is like. Hanging out with your best friend everyday, caring about them, meeting their needs, loving them. We decided to leave because she was getting tired and her shoes were starting to hurt. I told her I'd carry her back, she laughed and said she was heavy, so of course I joked and said "your not 95 pounds? your kidding me?" Seriously, she weighs nothing and I would have carried her all the way back in a second if she had wanted me too. But she took off her shoes and we strolled though downtown back to the car. The ride home was fun, we listened to Lifehouse and talked some more.

The point of this, I really don't know If I have one. Tonight I got to treat someone like I think she absolutely deserves to be treated and honestly, that made me night more than anything. It was great to just be nice to someone.

And now it's 1:50 and I need some sleep.
If you've made it this far I applaud you and thank you for reading.
 
posted by Jason
Permalink ¤